الملاحظات

Before we begin to criticize school education, we must mention what the French philosopher Michel Foucault said in one of his works.

“Modern thought is a controlled thought, in form and content, in depth and surface, to go back and back to the same place, to repeat the example.”

I contemplate this saying carefully. I re-read it over and over again until I remember that we were required in the books and then schools and universities to read the text with the same mathematical basis and hair for long periods and to return it to its owners on the exam paper..

I remember how Mama used to carry my wallet, which weighs almost twice my weight, especially since I am a little girl with a thin body. I also remember how pictures of teachers and professors who were unable to complete the program would pass through my mind due to the short time and the accumulation of materials and information. But why all this? Why was I tossing the wallet and feeling a heaviness coming off my shoulders and fetters breaking and fading away? Is this the goal of education, or does this teaching include ignorance and obscuration of our insights and suppression of our abilities? These questions kept accompanying me until I started searching for the essence of teaching and its essence, stemming from a basic problem of whether this teaching was education or training.

Successful and unsuccessful educational models... Another duality that rules the world!

Life is governed by dualities and contradictions. Whenever we forget them, they resurface and shine among the stars, telling us that they move the world, direct it and control its dynamics, from the countries of the south and the north, death, life, love, indifference, poverty, wealth, lies and the truth. say.

While certain countries occupy the first positions in global assessments related to teaching models, others sit at the bottom of the ladder and refuse to progress, renewal and advancement. But this approach is not immune from the economic and political movement in countries and their social reality. Rather, it has a relationship of influence and influence with them. You say how? I reply. Teaching plays an important role in the economic growth of countries, and a study published in the “Journal of Rural Development and Administration” says that there is no productivity and economic growth without ensuring high quality education and that this education has positive repercussions on the individual and group level. Our words are confirmed if we look at the crime rate in countries where the phenomenon of school dropout is widespread and compare it with its theory in countries that provide quality schools and educational programs that honor knowledge over punishment and respect the qualifications of the learner as well as provide him with certificates and skills.

A healthy education leads to a healthy person.

We return to the starting point and specifically the title to stand at successful educational systems, in which the child grows and grows on the best human values, in which he learns how to respect his surroundings, how to love those who are different from him, and how to contribute to the advancement of his country. These are not the poetic words of an article writer dreaming of emigrating. I am not, as the young Tunisian poet Awlad Ahmed says: “I love the country as no one loves the country, morning and evening, before morning, after evening, and on Sunday.” A critique of school education had to be done here.

Among these systems, we mention the education system in Finland, where the teacher or professor decides what the child needs to learn and employs technology to meet these needs in a number of hours starting from twenty hours in the first grade, which is a small number compared to other European countries. You may not be surprised by all of this, but you will be surprised when I tell you that these students may leave the department after asking permission from the teacher and work in a café or school store and learn to deal with others just as they learn arithmetic and buying and selling mechanisms, in addition to relying on themselves and instilling a culture of work in them.

They ask the other what he wants, they ask him for the money to buy what he wants, they return the rest of his money to him, they thank him, and so forth. And at breakfast time, they eat what the school restaurant provides for free at tables they gather with their teachers and friends, then they clean the containers before returning to the classrooms. They have libraries, rest rooms and playstations, and arenas to play football, and we have halls in which the ceiling has almost fallen from the severity of neglect. They have teachers who control the programs however they want, and we have teachers who are under pressure to complete an unfinished program. They have many hours to enjoy with the family and we have a few hours to sleep in fear of whether or not the teacher will punish us tomorrow.

This is what makes one successful teaching system and another unsuccessful one. Children are children, intelligence is in large part industrial and refined, and psychological factors are factors that cannot be left aside if we want to understand this subject.

Criticism of school education...between education and packaging

Why don't we like getting up early and going to school? Why do we jump for joy when we leave the classroom? Aren't we doing our homework just because we have to? Why do we get certificates that do not fit life tests? Is this education or packaging? Domestication or refining talents? Raising or slavery? Many questions and few answers increase our anxiety about our future and the future of our children.

I remember how excited I was when I first heard a song called “We don’t need no education”. I was then in the early years of learning English. I started translating the words and I felt the fire of the revolution devouring my breath. I was very happy because I felt that what I learned at home far exceeded what I was taught at school. I grew up after that, but after years and decades, I asked my university colleagues if they shared this feeling with me, and I was surprised when everyone said “Yes.” We received a classical education in geography, history, French, English, scientific awakening, mathematics, biblical production and civics which no Finnish or European child in general could receive. We were afraid of the director's stick, the teacher's punishment, and the wrath of the guardian, so how can this teaching be education?

Authoritarianism, violence, and the institution of punishment are the antithesis of science, knowledge, and self-improvement, and normalization with and acceptance of it may produce generations who go to schools and do not learn one of the laws of life.

It is not enough to build halls, build universities, and fill programs with subjects from all over the world in order to guarantee the citizen an education worthy of him and provide him with a dignified life in which he is cognitively and socially equal with the citizen who believes in the American dream or the one who sings the anthem of the French Revolution. Transforming these frameworks into cells and factories that kills our differences and dims the voice of will and dream within us:

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

by (1.2k points)
+1 vote
Good evening

To be honestly,  I didn't complete my reading for your article but it's nice

Thanks for your effort

Good luck
94 Online Users
16 Guest 78 Member
Today Visits : 28797
Yesterday Visits : 70143
Total Visits : 56087371

3.3k questions

10.4k answers

14.1k comments

2.4m users

مرحبًا بك إلى Zamericanenglish Q&A، حيث يمكنك طرح الأسئلة وانتظار الإجابة عليها من المستخدمين الآخرين.
add