الملاحظات

❤Grandpa Martin ❤ Chapter 3

in bookworm
by (169 points)
+5 votes

Hello my children,

How are you today? I hope you feel good.

I'm sorry for making you wait.

Now let's start our story..

A Scandal In Bohemia

I had seen little of Holmes lately. My marriage had drifted us away from each other. My own complete happiness, and the home—centred interests which rise up around the man who first finds himself master of his own establishment, were sufficient to absorb all my attention, while Holmes, who loathed every form of society with his whole Bohemian soul, remained in our lodgings in Baker Street, buried among his old books, and alternating from week to week between cocaine and ambition, the drowsiness of the drug, and the fierce energy of his own keen nature. He was still, as ever, deeply attracted by the study of crime, and occupied his immense faculties and extraordinary powers of observation in following out those clues, and clearing up those mysteries which had been abandoned as hopeless by the official police.

Drift: /drɪft/ verb: to move, change, or do something without any plan or purpose.

Sufficient: /səˈfɪʃənt/ adjective: enough

Absorb: /əbˈzɔːrb/ verb: interest.

Loathe:/loʊð/ verb: hate, detest.

Lodging: /lɑːdʒɪŋ/ noun: a place to stay, temporary accommodation.

Fierce: /fɪrs/ adjective: a lot of energy and strong feelings, and sometimes violence.

Keen: /kiːn/ adjective: sharp.

Immense: /ɪˈmens/ adjective: enormous= extremely large.

Abandon: /əˈbændən/ verb: to leave someone or something.

Please log in or register to answer this question.

1 Answer

by (2.5k points)
0 votes

السلام عليكم ورحمه الله وبركاته ❤️ 

مساء الخير ❤️ 

كيفك سمر وكيف حال جدووو 

لم افهم كثيرا قصه هولمز لهذا سأعود من البدايه ⁦(. ❛ ᴗ ❛.)⁩ 

منشووور رااائع ❤️✨ 

بالتوفيق ❤️⁦(✿^‿^)⁩ 

91 Online Users
3 Guest 88 Member
Today Visits : 43392
Yesterday Visits : 79639
Total Visits : 54075189

3.3k questions

10.4k answers

14.1k comments

2.3m users

مرحبًا بك إلى Zamericanenglish Q&A، حيث يمكنك طرح الأسئلة وانتظار الإجابة عليها من المستخدمين الآخرين.
add