الملاحظات

Greeting people. I'm in the third level but I only want to make sure the rule of auxiliary verbs. We put them before noun, Adjective, Pronoun, Number. But if I say{ The writer is Mark Twain}or say the noun directly because l discussed this with someone Said if we mention the name what's the benefit from using { Am_Is_Are}  The correct sentence  we should say[ The artist is and mention the noun or adjective..... .  Thank you for your helping if you respond me. This second time l type this question because  the notifications don't show to me
closed with the note: تمت الاجابة

2 Answers

by (62 points)
+1 vote
Thanks for this information
by (751 points)
Thanks sweetie .  But this lesson explained in the first level so l just want to make sure from other students.
by (1.3k points)
0 votes
Hi Baneen!

Actually, it depends on what you are trying to say! If this the whole sentence (the writer is Mark Twain,) so in this case you should write the auxiliary is

Ex: The writer of this book is Mark Twain.

But, if your sentence is not completed yet and you want to give more informations about this writer you shouldn’t write is

Ex: The writer, Mark Twain, wrote  many good books.
by (751 points)
Thanks a lot for your response. I know what you are referring to. But l just ask about the case when l only say the name of someone or their ages like this. Thanks again ❤❤
by (1.3k points)
My pleasure, ! Yes, in this case you should write is. Have a good one !
64 Online Users
1 Guest 63 Member
Online Members
Today Visits : 6034
Yesterday Visits : 87502
Total Visits : 57388936

3.3k questions

10.4k answers

14.1k comments

2.4m users

مرحبًا بك إلى Zamericanenglish Q&A، حيث يمكنك طرح الأسئلة وانتظار الإجابة عليها من المستخدمين الآخرين.
add